Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sexual Education: For Mothers



No one wants your their daughter to become pregnant at a young age. No mother wants to hear the painful truth that their daughter is going to be a mother. And no mother wants to see their daughters dreams disappear before their eyes.

You may ask yourself all the time "what can I do to make sure my daughter is safe?" Well I can tell you this much, you have to keep an eye on your daughter. A lot of mothers can say "well I trust my daughter" but when it comes down to it you are responsible for keeping her safe and the ones whose mothers trust them are the ones who end up pregnant. I am not saying take away all of her freedom, but you should be more aware of where she is at all times.

Now kids can get very creative when they want to have sex. Like I mentioned in one of my older posts, I have had sex with my mother-in-law in the room and with my mother in the next room. This isn't because I was a "slut". Its because when a teenage wants to have sex, they will become very brave. If your daughter has been dating for more then 6 months with the same guy, they are probably having sex.

My biggest warnings to parents would be don't let your daughters go outside with their boyfriends. This is the most important rule I have. Teens don't mind having sex on the ground and outside is the absolute worst place that they will try to have sex without your knowledge. They will have sex in a barn, in a club house, in the truck when they are driving home, in their room under a blanket while they are watching a movie, on the roof, and yes believe it or not teens will have sex in school. I know tons of girls ( including myself) who has had sex on school grounds. All your children have to do is find a bathroom to go to, go into the stall, shut the door and do their business. They also with go out to the football fields and do it it the stands, and I have even seen students go into the class room and engage in sexual activities. It may seen impossible but trust me, the teachers don't watch them nearly as closely as you think they do.

You need to educate your daughter about sex. Tell her the consequences of pregnancy, STD's and getting their heart broken. They need to keep their innocents as long as they can. Also, this next subject is a bit touchy for most parents. Birth control. GIVE IT TO THEM. Make sure they have access to it. A lot of parents think that if you provide your children with birth control that is giving them permission to do it. However, if your kids want to have sex, they are going to have sex, period. Wouldn't you rather them be honest with you about it and let them have something to protect themselves with? They are going to do it either way and it is your job as a parent to protect your child from all the consequences that comes with having sex.

My point is this; protect your daughters. Make sure that you are looking out for them, even if they aren't looking out for themselves. Make sure they get to have this time in their life to be teenagers.




     It may seThis is the most important rule I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment