Sunday, June 19, 2011

The world looking in

Okay so I did a quick survey on the popular site Yahoo Answers.com just to see what people think about teenage mothers on average and the answers I received were very disappointing. I don't see how people could be so cruel. I personally believe that mothers are great, no matter what their age is. I also believe that teen moms can be good mothers. Its not about age, its about your willingness to be a good mother.I know plenty of mothers that are older and are horrible parents. I think most of you can agree with that. Anyway here are some of the answers I received:

 by Rob
  • unfortunate, but they brought it on themselves

  • It's sick, wrong, and irresponsible. Unless the mother was a rape victim.

  • they should stay in school and stop trying to grow faster then their heads and body can handle

  • Either they are victims or they are plain and simply stupid.



  • Either premature mature, or whores and sluts.

  • by Jason

    Not well supervised.



  • $luts/whores.

    •  Nicole W.

  • Can't wait to have sex.
    &
    Slutty!

  •  
     
     
    My point is this; who are these people to judge how good of a mother you are going to be? And why do these people think that teenage mothers are sluts & whores? I know that I personally have only had sex with one person in my life; my fiance of 5 years. So how is it that just by being a teen mother I automatically fall into the category of "slut & whore" when these people don't know me? I know a lot of girls my age that have had sex with over 30 people. They don't have kids, but they do have STD's and yet I am the one who is being referred to as a "slut". My advice to all of you people is this; don't judge a book by its cover. And don't judge a mother because of her age. Why don't you try looking at yourself and counting up how many people you have slept with. Then come talk to me and try to tell me that I am a "slut and a whore".
     
    I just want to say this to all the mothers out there; these people do not know you. They do not know what you are capable of and they should be ashamed of themselves. I am proud of all of you who are doing what you can to take care of your children. Keep up the good work, and hold your head up high. "in the eyes of a child you are god"
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment