Sunday, June 26, 2011

Slowly Losing My Mind

    Do some of you ever feel like your kids are driving you crazy?!? I don't know what it is lately but Aden has really just been pushing my buttons and I am about to lose the last bit of sanity I have. He has been talking back, whining, throwing fits, and just being disrespectful. If I tell him to clean his room he whines and cries. If I tell him to eat his food he balls up his fists makes an ugly face and says ugggmmm. He likes to challenge me and see how far he can get. I am a parent who believes in disciplining my son, he doesn't get away with stuff like this so I don't know why he is starting to act out. I think it may have to do with the fact that his dad has started a new job and we don't see him as much as we used to. We see him everyday but not all day, and its my job to keep Aden in line when his dad isn't home.
  I feel like I am a terrible mother for getting so frustrated at him. And I feel like I am a failure for my son acting like this. I am so embarrassed to take him out places because I fear he may act out. I don't like to spank my son in public. I feel like that is a private matter. If you don't think that I should spank my son I have one thing to say to you, get off my page. I like my readers, but how I discipline my son is my decision. I spank my son, I don't beat him and I believe there is a huge difference. I swat my son on the but to get his attention, not to hurt him.
   I wish that I knew what to do about his behavior. I am open to suggestions because I am not a perfect parent, I know that. I do the best I can but evidently that's not good enough. I can't help but think that I feel so helpless because I am a teen mother. If I were older maybe I would know how to handle him better. Not that I am not a good mother. I am, I do the best I can but I still feel like he deserves more. If that's not a good mother I don't know what is. And if you can say you have never felt helpless when it comes to your children, I would have to say I don't believe you. Everyone feels like this at one point or the other. My question is this: how do you deal with it? Do you exercise, read, take a walk, lock yourself in the closet, take a nap, see a therapist, what? What is it that you do to keep your sanity?
   Maybe I just need to take some time for myself soon. Maybe I can just go spend some time with my sister at the movies, or have a date with my fiance. I wish I had money to go to a spa. Oh how amazing does that sound? I wish I was rich and I wouldn't have to worry about money issues anymore.  I could do whatever I wanted.
  Don't get me wrong I love my son very much and I wouldn't trade him for the world, but I have to admit a secret of mine. A fantasy almost. I have this idea that my husband could watch my son for three days and I would rent a nice hotel room. I would stay at the hotel in the room for the whole three days(well maybe I could fit in some shopping ;] ) I would read and sleep all I could. I would cuddle up under the blanket and just relax. I would turn off my phone and only take emergency calls. I would just enjoy a little time to myself to get my mind in a place of peace. Not in the chaotic stage that its in now. But that's just a fantasy and I know you have one too. If I had to choose between fantasy and reality though, I would definitely choose reality because I love my son and being his mother is the most rewarding thing I have ever been blessed with.


  So how about it? Whats your relaxation fantasy? You don't have to be a mother to answer. I know all women need a little alone time. And how do you keep from losing your mind when times get stressful?  I would love to hear your responses please leave comments with your answers or via E-mail: Victoria.Baker0102010@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment